Fortunately nothing too major, but could’ve been if left neglected for a prolonged period of time.
1. Gutters cleaned – no one wants water dripping in areas it doesn’t belong.
2. Roof work completed between the brick and shingles on the roof. If we got this fixed at the time the house was purchased it would run us $200.
3. Downstairs shower handle fixed. Couldn’t get hot water in the shower, only lukewarm. Obviously an issue when guests are over and we don’t want them using the shower next to our master bedroom.
4. Upstairs faucet leaking. Drip drop, about 2 times every second. The USGS has a neat little chart to show water usage. By estimates we were wasting 5-11 gallons of water a day and possibly increased energy usage by keeping the hot water heater turning on and off. Needed new o-rings, valves and handles.
5. Back door fixed. Neighbor had foundation work a few months ago and ever since then the door wouldn’t shut right.
What amazed me is the price our contractor charged. Only $400 total between parts and labor. Lots of others would have tried to charge us hundreds more. We will definitely have him do more work for us in the future.